Backyard Farms also does not intend to collect Identifying Information from users of the Site, except as legally required in order to respond to your inquiry or for recruitment purposes. "Identifying Information" is defined as user's first name and last name, or first initial and last name, combined with one or more of: (i) a Social Security number, (ii) a drivers license or state-issued identification number, or (iii) a financial account or debit or credit card number. Should Backyard Farms be required to collect such Identifying Information, it will collect and store such information in compliance with the encryption and security requirements of the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Standards for the Protection of Personal Information of Residents of the Commonwealth, 201 C.M.R. 17.00.
Some web pages of the Site may use web beacons in conjunction with cookies to compile aggregate statistics about web site usage. A web beacon is an electronic image, called an action tag, single pixel (1x1), or clear GIF. Web beacons can recognize certain types of anonymous information (non-personally identifiable information) on a visitor's computer, such as a visitor's cookie number, time and date of a page view, and a description of the page where the web beacon is placed. You have the option to render some web beacons unusable by rejecting their associated cookies.
Enabling or declining cookies and web beacons is within your sole discretion. Backyard Farms accepts no responsibility for your decision to enable or decline cookies and web beacons through your web client software.
2. Use of Personal Data Collected. We primarily use the personal information that we collect from you in order to respond to your inquiries and to consider you for employment opportunities. We may also use the information that we collect from you for internal purposes, namely, for administering the Site, developing and improving our services, personalizing the Site for you, analyzing trends, calculating overall usage statistics, and for feedback and content improvement. Occasionally, we may contact you to advise you of developments or opportunities that we think may be of interest to you. We may also advise you about new products and services or enhancements to current ones.
3. Sharing of Information. Except as necessary to respond to your inquiry or in connection with our consideration of you as a potential candidate, we will not disclose to third parties any individually identifying information, such as names, postal and e-mail addresses, telephone numbers, and other personal information which you voluntarily provide to us, except to the extent necessary to comply with applicable laws, court orders or other valid legal processes, or to protect the rights or property of Backyard Farms, or to any successor to Backyard Farms' business or any acquirer of Backyard Farms' principal assets.
We may share your personal information with our offices and affiliates worldwide where appropriate in connection with your inquiry or your candidacy. Such information may be placed in our databases that are accessible by our foreign offices and affiliates. In order to support our business operations, we reserve the right to disclose your personal information to those third party subcontractors that have agreed to maintain reasonable security and confidentiality measures and use the personal information only in accordance with our instructions.
4. Security Measures. We have implemented reasonable technical and administrative security features to prevent the loss, alteration, misuse, and unauthorized disclosure of and access to personal information. Please note, however, that while we have endeavored to create a secure and reliable web site for our users, the confidentiality of any communication or material transmitted to/from us via the Site or e-mail cannot be guaranteed. Accordingly, we are not responsible for the security of information transmitted via the Internet. Actual or attempted unauthorized use of the Site may result in criminal and/or civil prosecution. We reserve the right to view, monitor, and record activity on the Site without notice or permission from you. Any information obtained by monitoring, reviewing, or recording is subject to review by law enforcement organizations in connection with investigation or prosecution of possible criminal activity, including, but not limited to, personally identifiable information.
5. Opt-Out Right and Updating Account Information. You may at any time opt out of having your personal information used by us for secondary purposes, or used by us to send promotional correspondence to you, by contacting us via postal mail, e-mail, facsimile or telephone at the address(es) below in Section 8. You also may update your personal information through such means of communication.
7. Collection of Personal Data from Children. This Site is not directed to children under the age of 13, we do not knowingly collect any personal information from children under 13 years of age, and no one under the age of 13 should submit any personal information to Backyard Farms or the Site. If we discover that a child under the age of 13 has provided the Site with personal information, we will use commercially reasonable efforts to delete that child's personal information from all of Backyard Farms systems.
By Telephone: +1-207-482-2110
By Facsimile: +1-207-482-2381
By e-mail: email@example.com
By mail: 131 River Road, Madison, ME 04950
9. Portions of this Site may be hosted in the United States by a third party hosting company (the "Host"). To our knowledge, the Host has implemented generally accepted standards of technology and operational security in order to protect your personal information from loss, misuse, alteration, or destruction. Only authorized personnel are provided access to personal information, and these employees are required to treat this information as confidential. If the Host is required to store Identifying Information, Backyard Farms has determined, and the Host has certified, that the Host has a written security policy that complies with the Commonwealth of Massachusetts' Standards for the Protection of Personal Information of Residents of the Commonwealth. Despite these precautions, however, Backyard Farms cannot guarantee that unauthorized persons will not obtain access to your personal information.
11. Foreign Visitors. This Site is hosted on our computer servers in the United States. If you reside in a country outside of the United States, by using this Site and submitting any personal information to us, you expressly consent to the transfer of personal information to the United States, which may have different privacy laws than those in the country where you reside.