Zesty Roasted Tomato Soup with Spiced Oil
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Serves 2-3
- 10 to 12 Backyard Farms Tomatoes on the Vine
- 6 to 8 garlic cloves
- 2 tablespoon lemon juice
- 1 cup loosely packed cilantro, chopped, extra for garnish
- 2 green chilis, de-seeded and slit lengthwise
- 1½ tablespoon brown sugar
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 1 cup chicken or vegetable stock
- 2-inch piece of ginger, chopped
- 3 tablespoon olive oil
- 2 teaspoon mustard seeds
- 1 teaspoon cumin seeds
Cut tomatoes into halves.
Roast tomatoes and garlic cloves in 400°F for about 35 to 40 minutes or on stovetop until soft and tender.
Peel off the tomato skin. Add all ingredients up to salt in food processor. Make a puree.
Heat stock. Add the puree. Stir occasionally as the soup heats up and add chopped ginger.
Heat oil in a small frying pan. Add mustard and cumin seeds. Let the seeds pop for about one minute and remove from heat.
Spoon oil over soup and garnish with cilantro. Enjoy!