Thick and Spicy Bison and Sausage Four-Bean Soup
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 1 hour
- Serves 4-6
- 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra virgin olive oil
- 2 large bay leaves
- 1 pound bison, ground
- 6 sweet Italian sausages, casing removed
- 1 tablespoons garlic powder
- 1 tablespoons onion powder
- 1 tablespoons fresh cracked black, white, pink & green pepper corns
- 1 large Vidalia onion, finely diced
- 1 large red bell pepper, diced
- 1 large orange bell pepper, diced
- 6 Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomatoes, finely diced
- 1 8-ounce can black beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8-ounce can dark red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8-ounce can light red kidney beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 8-ounce can cannellini beans, drained and rinsed
- 1 32-ounce container low-sodium chicken stock
Preheat oven to 350ºF degrees.
Heat stove to medium high heat. In a large pot add 2 tablespoons Filippo Berio Extra virgin olive oil and 2 large bay leaves. Add ground Bison and 6 sweet Italian sausages. Add garlic powder, onion powder, and fresh cracked black, white, pink and green pepper corns.
Once the ground bison and sausage is browned, add the diced onion, peppers, and tomatoes; add the black beans, dark red kidney beans, light red kidney beans, and cannellini beans, all drained and rinsed; and add the chicken stock.
Put heat on low and cook for 55 minutes until done. Serve with a warm loaf of bread.