Summer Tomato Cornbread Tart
- Prep Time: 10 Minutes
- Cooking Time: 22 Minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup cornbread mix (instant, "just add water" kind)
- 1 cup grated cheddar cheese
- 1 cup water
- 1 cup Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes, halved
- ¼ cup corn kernels
- ¼ cup sliced whites of green onions
- ¼ cup sliced peppers (mild or spicy, depending on tolerence)
- 2 sundried tomatoes, juliened
- Lime juice, squeeze for flavor
- Salt and Pepper, to taste
- 1/8 cup cilantro, sliced
- 1/8 cup sliced green onion greens
Add cornbread mix, grated cheese and water to baking dish of your choice and stir until combined. 9x9 or rectangular pan will work.
Follow baking directions for cornbread mix, ususally 425 degrees for 12-15 minutes, or until golden brown.
Mix fresh tomatoes, corn, whites of green onions, peppers and sundried tomatoes in a large bowl. Squeeze in lime juice and sprinkle in salt and pepper. Oven broil tomato salad ingredients for approxiamtely 6 minutes, until just softened.
Place tomato salad on top of cornbread. Top with cilantro and green onion greens.
Tip: Feel free to add your favorite hot sauce for a bit of spice.