Sorrento Chunky Rustic Tomato Potato Salad
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- SERVES 4
- 4 pounds red skin potatoes, unpeeled
- 2 ribs celery, unpeeled
- 2 whole scallions
- 1 small red onion
- 3 cloves garlic, minced
- 10 fresh basil leaves, chiffonade
- 1 teaspoon fresh oregano, chopped
- ¼ cup Italian parsley, chopped, plus additional to garnish
- ¼ cup olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 4 Backyard Farms Tomatoes On The Vine
- 1 red bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- ½ teaspoon coarse salt
- ¼ teaspoon fresh ground black pepper
- 10 Sicilian pitted olives, chopped
Cook unpeeled potatoes and cut chunky. Seed tomatoes and dice chunky. Slice scallions in ¼ inches. Cut red onion in half and thinly slice.
In a large mixing bowl combine potatoes, celery, scallions, red onion, garlic, basil, oregano, parsley, tomatoes, red pepper, salt and pepper.
In a small bowl, combine olive oil and red wine vinegar and whisk together.
Add in red wine vinegar and olive oil mixture to large bowl mixture.
Toss gently to avoid breaking potatoes. Top with olives and additional parsley and serve warm or room temperature.