Open-Face Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomato and Egg Salad Sandwich
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- Serves 2
- 3 hard-boiled eggs, peeled
- 2 tablespoons mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- ½ teaspoon salt
- Black pepper
- One pita round, cut in half, or 2 slices your favorite bread
- ½ avocado, cut into thin slices
- 1 Backyard Farms Beefsteak tomato, cut into 4 rounds
Simple is always best when it comes to sandwiches, like this open-faced Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomato and egg salad combo.
Mash the eggs in a medium size bowl and add the mayonnaise, mustard, salt and pepper. Combine until mixture is smooth. Set aside.
Divide and spread the egg mixture over each of the pita or bread slices. Top each with the avocado slices and two slices of Backyard Farms Beefsteak tomato.
Serve with fork and knife.
Recipe Prepared for Backyard Farms by Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia