Beefsteak Tomato and Provolone Cheese Melt Recipe
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1/4 cup extra virgin olive oil plus extra as needed
- 4 slices country style bread such as semolina or cibatta, cut 1-inch thick
- 2 Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomatoes, each cut into 4 round slices
- 1 ½ cups grated mild provolone cheese
- 3 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves, minced
Heat the olive oil in a non-stick skillet. Add the bread slices and brown the bread on one side. Flip over and top each with two tomato slices. Scatter the cheese evenly over the top of the tomatoes. Cover the pan and allow the cheese to melt over low heat.
Combine the vinegar, salt and thyme in a small bowl and set aside.
Uncover the pan and transfer the tomato melts to individual serving plates. Brush each top with the vinegar mixture and serve.
Watch Mary Ann Esposito create this delicious dish!
Recipe courtest of Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia