Backyard Farms Sweet and Savory Tomato Salad
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 2 hours 30 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 cups brown rice, cooked
- 1 small bunch arugula, coarsely chopped
- 2 cups Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes, stemmed and quartered
- 1 cup strawberries, sliced
- 1 mango, peeled and diced
- 4 tablespoons spring onions, finely chopped
- 5 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 3 tablespoons rice wine vinegar
- 1 tablespoon brown sugar
Place rice in a large bowl and combine with arugula, tomatoes, strawberries and mango; toss gently and set aside.
In a separate bowl whisk together the olive oil, vinegar, sugar, onion, salt and pepper. Pour over rice ingredients and toss well. Allow to marinate at room temperature at least 2 hours before serving.
Recipe courtesy of Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia