Autumn Minestrone Salad with Tomato Vinaigrette
- Prep Time: 45 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- Serves 3-4
- 1 Backyard Farms Tomato on the Vine
- 3 tablespoons Filippo Berio olive oil, divided
- 2 tablespoons sherry vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon mustard
- 1 clove garlic, crushed
- 4 thin slices prosciutto
- 1 large bunch Tuscan kale
- ½ cup diced (about a ½-inch) potato
- ½ cup ditalini
- 1 cup diced (about ½-inch) zucchini
- 1 large carrot, peeled and diced into ½-inch dice
- 1 (15-ounce) can chickpeas, drained and rinsed
- 1½ cup quartered Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes
- ¼ cup Parmesan, shredded
Place tomato, 2 tablespoons olive oil, vinegar, mustard, and garlic in a food processor work bowl and process until well combined but still slightly chunky. Season to taste with salt and pepper and reserve.
Preheat oven to 350°F and lay prosciutto slices in one layer on a baking sheet. Bake 8 – 12 minutes, or just until crisp. Remove from oven and reserve. Remove and discard kale ribs. Cut leaves into thin ribbons and place in a large bowl. Sprinkle with 1 tablespoon olive oil and a good dash of salt. Toss by hand, making sure to rub in the salt and coat the leaves well. Let kale rest while preparing the salad, about ½ hour.
Bring potatoes and cold water to a boil in a large saucepan. Cook until potatoes are tender, about 5 minutes. Remove potatoes from the water using a slotted spoon. Spread the potatoes on a baking sheet and let cool. Bring the water back up to a boil and cook the pasta al dente according to package directions. Drain well and toss pasta with 1 – 2 tablespoons dressing. Let cool briefly.
Gently toss together kale, potatoes, pasta, zucchini, carrot, chickpeas, and cocktail tomatoes with remaining dressing. Top with shredded Parmesan and reserved prosciutto.