Whole Wheat Spaghetti with Tomato Mushroom Sauce
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 4 tablespoons butter
- ½ pound oyster mushrooms, thinly sliced (or your favorite mushroom variety)
- 1 cup Backyard Farms Tomatoes on the Vine, diced
- 1 cup frozen corn, defrosted
- 3 tablespoons heavy cream
- ¼ cup reserved pasta cooking water
- 2 tablespoons thyme leaves
- ½ pound cooked whole wheat spaghetti
- Salt and pepper to taste
- Parmigiano Reggiano cheese, grated
Heat 2 tablespoons of butter in a large saute pan; add the mushrooms and cook until they begin to brown. Add the tomatoes and cook just a minute or two; they should hold their shape. Add the corn and cook 1 minute.
Combine the cream and cooking water from the pasta and gently stir into the sauce. Add the thyme, salt and pepper. Stir in the remaining butter.
Add the pasta directly to the saute pan and combine well with the sauce until hot and well-coated. Serve with cheese on the side.
Recipe courtesy of Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia