Three-Napkin Spicy Turkey Sloppy Joes
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- SERVES 4
- 2 cups Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes, pureed
- 1 tablespoon extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, peeled and chopped
- 1 small green bell pepper, seeded and chopped
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- 2 tablespoons sweet pickle juice
- 2 tablespoon sweet mustard
- Dash of hot sauce
- Salt to taste
- Grinding black pepper
- 4 brioche or good quality hamburger buns, split, toasted and buttered
Heat oil in a Dutch oven or other heavy-duty pan. Stir in onions and peppers and cook until they soften. Stir in the garlic and cook until it begins to soften.
Stir in turkey and brown over medium-high heat. While it browns, mix the tomatoes, pickle juice, mustard and hot sauce together. Pour over browned meat mixture and mix well. Lower heat to medium-low and cook uncovered until mixture thickens, about 30 minutes. Season with salt and pepper.
Spoon over toasted and buttered buns. Serve hot.