Summer Tomato Tart
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves 4-6
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed and rolled slightly to fit a 9 or 10 inch tart pan with a removable bottom
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1½ cups cheddar or other cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small zucchini, cut into rounds
- 2 large Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch thick rounds and placed on paper towels to drain off excess water.
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced parsley
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced tarragon
- 2 Tablespoons fresh minced oregano
Line the tart pan with puff pastry and brush it with the mustard. Spread 1 cup of cheese over the mustard and set aside.
In a small saute pan, cook the onion and zucchini in 2 tablespoons olive oil until soft. Top the cheese layer with this mixture. Add the tomatoes, overlapping them on top of the onion mixture. Combine minced herbs and sprinkle over tomatoes.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over the top. Add a drizzle of extra virgin olive oil and the remaining cheese over the tomatoes.
Bake in a preheated 425°F oven for about 25 to 30 minutes or until the crust is golden brown and the tomatoes look roasted. Serve warm and cut into wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia