- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- Serves 4-6
- 2 large Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomatoes, cut into ¼ inch thick rounds and placed on paper towels to drain off excess water
- 1 sheet puff pastry, thawed and rolled out slightly to fit a 9 or 10 inch tart pan with a removable bottom
- 1 tablespoon honey mustard
- 1 ½ cups cheddar or other cheese, grated
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 small onion, minced
- 1 small zucchini, cut into rounds
- 2 tablespoons fresh minced parsley, minced
- 2 tablespoons tarragon, minced
- 2 tablespoons oregano, minced
Preheat oven to 425°F.
Line the tart pan with puff pastry and brush it with mustard. Spread 1 cup of cheese over the mustard and set remainder aside.
In a small saute pan, cook the onion and zucchini in 2 tablespoons of olive oil until soft. Top the cheese layer in the tart pan with this mixture. Add the tomatoes on top of the onion and zucchini mixture. Mix together parsley, tarragon and oregano in separate bowl and sprinkle over tomato, zucchini and onion mixture.
Sprinkle salt and pepper over top. Add a drizzle of olive oil and sprinkle the remaining cheese over the tomatoes.
Bake for about 25-30 minutes or until crust is golden brown and the tomatoes look roasted. Serve warm and cut into wedges.
Recipe courtesy of Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia