Southwestern Saddle Burn Quesadillas
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 30 minutes
- SERVES 4
- 1 ½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon garlic powder
- ½ teaspoon dried oregano
- ½ teaspoon ground cumin
- ¼ teaspoon kosher salt
- ¼ teaspoon black pepper, ground
- 2, 6 ounce skinless, boneless chicken breast halves
- 1 onion, cut into ½-inch thick slices
- 1 red bell pepper, cut into ½-inch thick wedges
- 1 fresh jalapeño pepper, sliced into strips
- 2 medium Backyard Farms Tomatoes on the Vine, cut into wedges
- 1 cup Monterey Jack cheese, shredded
- 4, 6-inch flour tortillas
- Sour cream, green onions and salsa, to taste
Preheat grill to medium-high heat. Combine paprika, garlic powder, oregano, cumin, salt, and black pepper in a bowl. Rub paprika mixture evenly over chicken; let stand 10 minutes.
Arrange chicken, onion, bell pepper, jalapeño pepper and tomatoes on grill rack coated with cooking spray. Cook vegetables 4 minutes on each side or until tender. Cook chicken 6 minutes on each side or until done.
Remove chicken and vegetables from grill; coarsely chop vegetables. Let chicken stand 5 minutes; thinly slice chicken.
Place two tortillas on the grill, and sprinkle with a thin layer of cheese, chicken and vegetables.
Top with another tortilla, and grill until brown and crispy on both sides, about 3 minutes per side. Top with remaining cheese, chicken and vegetables. Cut into wedges and serve with sour cream, green onions and salsa if desired.