Sizzlin’ Stir Fry Pork with Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes, Snow Peas, Carrots and Walnuts
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- ⅓ cup soy sauce
- Juice and zest of 2 large oranges (enough for 1 cup of juice)
- 1 tablespoon cornstarch
- 1 tablespoon spicy mustard
- ¼ teaspoon chili powder
- 1 pound boneless pork, cut into ½ inch wide strips
- 2 tablespoons freshly grated ginger
- ½ cup chopped scallions
- 1 large garlic clove, minced
- Salt to taste
- 1 teaspoon Chinese 5 Spice Powder
- 2 tablespoons sesame oil
- 1 large carrot, scraped and cut crosswise into thin diagonals
- 1 cup snow peas, trimmed
- 1 cup chopped Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes
- ½ cup chopped walnuts
Here is a simple and quick to make pork stir fry that can mix and match with whatever veggies you have on hand. Serve with rice.
In a bowl, whisk all the ingredients until well-blended and set aside.
Combine the pork, ginger, scallions, garlic, salt and Chinese 5 Spice Powder in a bowl. Let marinate for 30 minutes, refrigerated, or put this together and marinate overnight.
When ready to cook, heat the sesame oil in a wok or large saute’ pan over high heat. Add the pork mixture and cook quickly, stirring often until the pork looses its pink color. Lower the heat to medium and stir in the carrots and snow peas and cook for a couple of minutes; add the tomatoes and cook for a couple of minutes.
Pour the sauce over the pork and vegetables and cook over medium heat until the sauce thickens. Season with salt and pepper. Scatter the nuts over the top and serve.
Recipe Prepared for Backyard Farms by Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia.