Simply Shrimp and Lemony Pasta
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- SERVES 4
- 1 cup Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes, diced
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- ½ cup scallions, thinly sliced
- 2 cloves garlic, minced
- 2 lemons, juiced plus the zest
- Salt and pepper to taste
- 1 pound cooked large shrimp, cut lengthwise in half
- ⅓ cup light cream
- ½ pound whole wheat thin spaghetti or angel hair
- 2 tablespoons cooking water from the pasta
Heat olive oil in large sauce pan and cook scallions and garlic until fragrant. Add lemon juice and pepper and stir to combine. Add tomatoes and cook 2 minutes. Add shrimp and stir well to coat. Slowly stir in the cream. Cover pan and keep warm.
Cook the pasta until al dente. Add the 2 tablespoons cooking water to the shrimp, then drain the pasta and add to saute pan. Reheat everything slowly until hot. DO NOT serve this dish with cheese; that is forbidden among Italian chefs, but this is America. The choice is yours.