- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 55 minutes
- Serves 4-6
- 3 Backyard Farms Tomatoes on the Vine, medium dice
- ¾ cup olive oil
- ½ small pumpkin, peeled and cubed, or any squash
- 1 eggplant, cubed, no skin
- 2 turnips, peeled and chopped
- 2 carrots, peeled and chopped
- 3 cloves of garlic, minced
- 1 onion, small dice
- 1 shallot, minced
- 1 can diced tomatoes, strained
- 1 tablespoon fresh oregano, chopped
- 5 leaves fresh basil, chopped
- Kosher salt, to taste
- Pepper, to taste
- Crushed red pepper, to taste
- Parmesan, for garnish
Preheat oven to 350°F.
In a large pan, heat olive oil on medium heat. Add pumpkin and allow to brown. About 3-4 minutes. Remove from heat into baking dish.
In the same pan, softly soak and brown eggplant. Eggplant will soak up oil fast. Add more. Brown 2-3 minutes. Remove from heat and add to pumpkin.
Sweat onions and shallots in another pan. Over medium-low heat. Add carrots, turnips and garlic. Once translucent, add tomatoes. Saute 30 seconds. Place in baking dish and mix with eggplant and pumpkin. Fold in canned tomato and oregano. Bake for 40-45 minutes.
Season with salt, pepper and red pepper. Mix in basil and plate. Garnish with Parmesan.