Dump Dump Slow Cooker Stewed Chicken
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 3 hours
- Serves 4
- 2 large all-purpose potatoes, peeled and diced
- 1 large onion, peeled and quartered
- One 3½ pound whole chicken
- 1 whole bay leaf
- 1 small bunch parsley, tied with kitchen cooking string
- 1 tablespoon dried oregano
- 3 large carrots, peeled and cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 ribs celery, cut into 1-inch pieces
- 2 cups water
- 2 cups diced Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomatoes
- Sea salt, to taste
- Black pepper, to taste
Add all ingredients to a slow cooker and set on high power according to manufacturer’s directions and cook for 3 hours or until chicken is tender.
Remove the chicken with a wide slotted spoon to a cutting board. Remove bay leaf and parsley, and discard.
Cut the chicken into serving size pieces and serve in bowls with the stewed vegetables and broth.
Recipe courtesy of Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia