Baked Halibut in Parchment
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves 2-4
- 24-inch-long parchment paper
- 1 pound halibut (or similar fish)
- 3 tablespoons prepared pesto sauce
- 1 large Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomato, cut into ½-inch slices
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ¼ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- ¼ cup shredded fresh basil leaves
- ¼ cup shredded Parmesan cheese
- Additional fresh shredded basil leaves
Heat oven to 400°F. Unroll a sheet of parchment paper 24-inches long. Place on 15 x 10 x 1-inch pan.
Place fish in center of parchment paper. Top fish with pesto sauce. Layer with tomato slices, drizzle with olive oil, sprinkle with salt and pepper, then place shredded fresh basil leaves on top of tomatoes.
Wrap by joining long ends of parchment together and make a few ¼-inch folds. Fold ends, as if wrapping a gift, and tuck underneath.
Place pan in center of oven. Bake until fish is cooked through (12 to 14 minutes).
Unwrap parchment paper and garnish with Parmesan cheese and serve with additional shredded fresh basil leaves.