Backyard Farms Tomato Turkey Tacos
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 10 minutes
- Serves 4
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1 small onion, diced
- ¼ teaspoon dried red pepper flakes
- 1 cup diced sweet red peppers
- 1 clove garlic minced
- 1 pound ground turkey
- ½ teaspoon chili powder
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 2 tablespoons minced cilantro or parsley
- 8 ready to fill taco shells
- 1 ½ cups shredded Pepper Jack cheese
- 1 cup shredded lettuce
- 1 ½ cups diced Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes
Grab the napkins! You’ll need them for these tasty, healthy, easy to make and utterly delicious tomato turkey tacos. Watch them disappear!
Heat the oil in a saute’ pan over medium heat. Add the onion and red pepper flakes and cook until the onions begin to soften. Stir in the peppers and cook for 1 minute. Stir in the garlic and cook a couple of minutes. Add the turkey and cook until the meat browns. Stir in the chili powder, salt and cilantro or parsley.
Spoon filling into taco shells and top with cheese, lettuce and tomatoes.
Recipe Prepared for Backyard Farms by Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia.