Roasted Tomato and Garlic Sauce
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20-30 minutes
- Makes 2 Cups
- 1 pound Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes
- 6-8 whole garlic cloves, peeled
- 1 tablespoon tomato paste
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- ¼ teaspoon salt, or to taste
- ¼ teaspoon ground black pepper
- ¼ teaspoon oregano, dried (or a small sprig fresh if you have it growing in your garden)
- ½ cup olive oil
Preheat oven to 400°F .
Place tomatoes and garlic cloves on a rimmed cookie sheet pan and drizzle with olive oil and cover with foil. Roast in oven for 20-30 minutes, or until the garlic is tender, and the skin on the tomatoes is starting to blacken.
Remove the tomatoes and garlic from the oven and let cool. When they are cool, place the tomato garlic mixture in a blender and add the remaining ingredients except for the olive oil. Puree mixture until smooth, then, with blender still running, slowly pour in the olive oil through the lid of the machine until all of the olive oil is incorporated and the sauce is emulsified.
Serve the sauce tossed with pasta and fresh basil chiffonade. Add grilled chicken or seared scallops if you like.
Recipe by Lise Desrochers, Co Director of Food Service at College of the Atlantic.