Cocktail Tomato and Avocado Salad
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 0
- Serves 4
- 6 Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes, cut in half
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon balsamic vinegar
- Salt to taste
- ½ cup elbow macaroni, cooked
- ½ cup mozzarella cheese, diced
- 1 tablespoon fresh basil or parsley, minced
- 2 large avocados, ripe but not mushy
- Lemon juice
- Salad greens
Place the tomato halves in a bowl and toss with 1 tablespoon of the oil, vinegar, and salt to taste.
Transfer to a non-stick baking sheet and roast the tomatoes until they are shriveled-looking, turning them occasionally.
Transfer to a large bowl. Add the macaroni, cheese, remaining oil and basil or parsley and toss well.
Just before serving, cut the avocadoes in half, remove and discard the pit and brush the cut surface of each with lemon juice. Fill the cavities with the tomato mixture. Place each half on a bed of salad greens and serve.
Recipe courtesy of Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia