Classic Wedge Salad with Backyard Farms Creamy Tomato Basil Dressing
- Prep Time: 5 minutes
- Cooking Time: 0 minutes
- Serves 4
Makes about 3 Cups
- 4 Backyard Farms Tomatoes on the Vine, chopped
- ½ cup light mayonnaise
- 1 tablespoon grainy mustard
- ½ teaspoon dry mustard
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon sugar
- 2 tablespoons white balsamic vinegar
- 3 tablespoons sunflower oil
- 1-½ teaspoons salt
- 2 tablespoons minced fresh basil
- 1 head iceberg lettuce, outer leaves removed and head cut into 4 wedges through the stem
- ½ pound bacon, cooked, drained and crumbled
Smooth, creamy and oh so tomato-y dressing is perfect not just on a classic wedge of iceberg lettuce, but as a sauce for deviled eggs, cold asparagus salad, and mixed into pasta or potato salad.
Place all the ingredients for the dressing except the basil in a blender or food processor and process until smooth. Stir in the basil. Transfer to a bowl.
Place one of each of the 4 wedges on each of 4 individual salad plates and pour some of the dressing over them. Sprinkle with the crumbled bacon and the basil and serve.
Refrigerate remaining dressing.
Recipe Prepared for Backyard Farms by Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia