Faux Eggs Benedict
- Prep Time: 20 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4
- 1 cup low-fat plain Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons low-fat mayonnaise
- ¼ teaspoon paprika
- 1 small lemon, juiced
- salt to taste
- 4 whole wheat English muffins, halved, toasted and buttered
- 4 slices cooked Canadian bacon
- 1 large Backyard Farms Beefsteak tomato, cut into 4 thick rounds
- 1 teaspoon salt
- 4 eggs
- black pepper
Whisk the yogurt with the mayonnaise and paprika until the mixture is a pale yellow color. Then whisk in the lemon juice, a little at a time, until well blended. Season with salt and set aside.
Bring a pot of water to a boil, then reduce heat to just a simmer; crack each egg one at a time into a small bowl, then lower each into the simmering water and cook until the whites are set. Remove eggs carefully with slotted spoon to a paper towel lined warm dish.
Top each English muffin half with a slice of bacon, a tomato slice, a poached egg and a dollop of yogurt sauce and a grind of black pepper.