Breakfast Sunny-Side-Up Pizza with Fresh Herb Pesto
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 15 minutes
- Serves 4–6
- 1 cup torn fresh basil leaves
- 1 cup torn mixed fresh herbs (dill, marjoram, savory, chives, etc.)
- ¼ cup slivered almonds
- ¼ cup Parmesan cheese
- 3 to 4 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 clove garlic, peeled, cut in half
- 2 10-ounce packages Boboli type pizza crust (4 crusts)
- ½ cup prepared herb pesto
- 8 slices (about 8-ounces) bacon, cooked
- 1 ½ cups shredded Colby Jack cheese
- 2 Backyard Farms Beefsteak Tomatoes, cut into 12 slices
- 4 eggs
Heat oven to 450° F.
In food processor, place all pesto ingredients. Cover and process until desired consistency; set aside.
Place 2 pizza crusts on each cookie sheet. Layer the following on each of the 4 pizza crusts: 2 tablespoons herb pesto, 2 slices bacon, crumbled, about 1/3 cup shredded cheese, 3 slices beefsteak tomatoes.
Carefully crack an egg in center of each pizza, between the tomatoes.
Place pizzas in oven and bake until eggs are softly set (13 to 15 minutes). Remove pizzas from oven and cut into slices.