Tomato and Spinach Dip
- Prep Time: 15 minutes
- Cooking Time: 25 minutes
- SERVES 10
- 2-3 jalapeño peppers
- 1 medium sized onion
- 2 tablespoons vegetable oil
- 1, 4 ounce can chopped green chilies, drained
- 8 Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes, seeded and chopped
- 1, 10 ounce package frozen spinach, thawed
- 2 ½ cups shredded Monterey Jack cheese
- 1, 8 ounce packaged cream cheese, softened
- 1 cup half and half
- 1 ½ tablespoons red wine vinegar
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ⅛ teaspoon pepper
- ⅛ teaspoon paprika
Seed and chop jalapeño peppers (wear gloves if sensitive to heat). Reserve ⅛ teaspoon of seeds.
Sauté chopped peppers, seeds and onion in large skillet until peppers and onion are soft. Add green chilies and tomatoes. Cook 2 minutes, stirring constantly. Remove from heat, transfer to large bowl. Press spinach between layers of towels, squeezing until barely moist.
Add spinach, Monterey Jack cheese, cream cheese, half and half, red wine vinegar, salt and pepper to chilies and tomatoes. Stir well. Pour into a greased 10 inch round baking dish. Sprinkle with paprika.
Bake at 400°F for 20-25 minutes or until hot and bubbly. Serve with tortilla chips.