Garlic Grilled Tomato Kabobs
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5 minutes
- Serves 4
- 6 Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes
- 4 10-inch skewers (soak in water a few minutes if you are using bamboo)
- Kosher salt and cracked black pepper, to taste
- 3 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 1 tablespoon chopped garlic
- ¼ cup grated Parmesan cheese
- 1 tablespoon fresh thyme leaves
Cut the tomatoes in half crosswise. Skewer 3 halves per skewer, season with salt and pepper.
In small bowl, mix extra virgin olive oil and garlic.
Over medium heat on grill, place tomato kabobs cut side down for 2-3 minutes. Lightly brush tomatoes with oil mixture. Turn tomato halves cut side up 2-3 minutes; continue basting with remaining oil mixture.
Remove from grill to a plate, sprinkle with Parmesan cheese and thyme.
Recipe provided by Becky Lee Simmons, Chef/Owner of Katahdin Restaurant Wood Fire Grill and Bar, and Chef Ken Biggs