Caramelized Balsamic Onions and Tomatoes with Baguette Slices
- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 20 minutes
- Serves 4-6
- ¼ cup extra virgin olive oil
- 4 cups sliced red onions (2 large onions)
- 2 cloves garlic, sliced
- ¼ cup balsamic vinegar
- 1½ teaspoons paprika
- ½ teaspoon salt
- ¼ teaspoon freshly cracked pepper
- 1 cup Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes, cut in quarters
- ⅓ cup Gorgonzola cheese
- 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- 2 tablespoons red wine vinegar
- 1 teaspoon Dijon country-style mustard
- Baguette slices
- Pita chips
Place olive oil in a 10"-skillet; heat over medium heat until hot.
Add remaining onion ingredients. Cook over medium heat, stirring occasionally, until onions are softened and caramelized (18 to 20 minutes).
Remove from heat and place in a glass bowl; cool slightly.
Add Cocktail Tomatoes and Gorgonzola cheese to onion mixture; mix well.
In small bowl, stir together dressing ingredients; pour over onion mixture; mix well.
Serve with baguette slices or pita chips.