Bruschetta with Tomatoes and Basil
- Prep Time: 30
- Cooking Time: 5
- Serves 4
- 4 slices ¼ -inch thick country style Italian baguette
- Salt and fresh ground pepper, to taste
- 6 Backyard Farms Cocktail Tomatoes, quartered
- ¼ cup shredded basil leaves (4–6 leaves)
- 1 teaspoon chopped garlic
- 1 ½ tablespoons plus 2 tablespoons extra virgin olive oil
- ½ teaspoon kosher salt
Quarter tomatoes, and mix in small bowl with basil, 1 ½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, garlic and salt. Set aside at room temperature for 20 minutes. This allows all the flavors to come together.
In the meantime, grill the baguette over medium heat (or under a broiler) until lightly browned on both sides. Drizzle with extra virgin olive oil.
While still warm, top with tomato basil mixture (about 2 tablespoons).
Recipe provided by Becky Lee Simmons, Chef/Owner of Katahdin Restaurant Wood Fire Grill and Bar, and Chef Ken Biggs