Backyard Farms San Marzano Tomato, Rosemary and Olive Focaccia
- Prep Time: 30 minutes
- Cooking Time: 45 minutes
- Serves 8
- 2 packages ready-made store-bought pizza dough, room temperature
- 3 Backyard Farms San Marzano Tomatoes, cut lengthwise
- 2 tablespoons coarse salt
- 1½ tablespoons dried oregano
- 5½ tablespoons extra virgin olive oil, plus extra for greasing pan
- 10 oil-cured black olives, pitted and coarsely chopped
- 1½ cups grated Parmesan cheese
This delicious focaccia is ready in less than an hour when you start with already prepared pizza dough. Great for dinner with a salad, or cut into small squares as a party appetizer.
Preheat oven to 400°F.
Combine the 2 packages of dough and roll into a 12½ x 16 inch rectangle and spread it into a lightly oiled rimmed baking pan. Set aside.
Cut the Backyard Farms San Marzano Tomatoes lengthwise into thin slices and place them on paper towels to remove excess water.
In a small bowl combine the salt, oregano and oil together and mix well. With a brush, spread the oil mixture over the surface of the dough.
Place the tomato slices on top, spacing them randomly
Sprinkle the olives over the top then sprinkle the cheese evenly over the top.
Cover and let rise about 20 minutes.
Bake in 400°F oven for 20 to 25 minutes or until the focaccia is golden brown. Cool slightly, then cut into squares and serve.
Recipe developed for Backyard Farms by Mary Ann Esposito of Ciao Italia