- Prep Time: 10 minutes
- Cooking Time: 5-6 minutes
- SERVES 4
- 4 Backyard Farms Tomatoes on the Vine, chopped
- 4 tablespoons sugar
- 2 pinches of red pepper flakes
- 2 tablespoons balsamic vinegar
- Splash boiling water
- 14 fluid ounces heavy cream, whipped
- 4 tablespoons Greek yogurt
- 2 tablespoons icing sugar
- Grated nutmeg
- 4 orange wedges
Place tomatoes into a non-reactive pan. Add the sugar, red pepper flakes, vinegar and a splash of boiling water. Cover with lid.
Cook for 5-6 minutes or until the tomato is tender, then place in a bowl to cool.
Whisk the cream together with the yogurt and icing sugar in a bowl until well combined. Fold the tomato mix into the cream
Spoon into 4 glasses, grate over the nutmeg garnish with the orange and serve.
Recipe by Richard Rayment, Executive Chef of Boston's Seaport Hotel & World Trade Center